The Parish Church of St John Baptist stands out on Danbury ridge as a landmark whose spire is visible from the A12 and from many local vantage-points. There has been a church here from at least 1233, and probably considerably before that. The present church is a Grade 1 Listed Building. There is much of interest to see inside the church, including the three famous wooden effigies of the Crusader "Knights of Danbury". The interior is largely Victorian, deriving from Gilbert Scott's re-ordering in 1866. The unusual carved wooden creatures gracing the ornate pew-ends copy the style of the three remaining fifteenth-century pews to be seen just inside the church.
Starting on August 18th 2018 there will be a "Vestry Hour" from 10am to 11am on the first and third Saturday of every month in the church . Anyone wanting to get married or be baptised is free to pop along during this time and meet Jacqui and Nicky and can have a chat and get information.